In 1907, King Edward VII was on the throne, Baden-Powell founded the Scouts, and the Old Bailey opened its doors. Not only that, W. J. Edwards Removals was born. William James Edwards successfully build a strong reputation for quality house removals from the very beginning and this is where it all began…
William James Edwards was a Luton-born businessman and mayor of the town in the late 1940s. Over the years, William built a solid reputation for quality house removals before passing the baton to his son, Ken Edwards, in the early 1950s.
Ken continued to run the firm from its base in Strathmore Avenue, Luton, until the 1970s. It was around then that his son, William James – ‘Jim’ – Edwards took over at the helm.
In the 1990s, the business entered its fourth generation, when Jim’s eldest son, Duncan, joined the ranks.
Jim, his wife Julia, and Duncan continue to run the business at the original Strathmore Avenue premises, the old stables long since replaced by a modern storage warehouse. As for today’s customers, they range from star-name footballers to lord and ladies of the aristocracy.
- "Fantastic service & professionalism from start to finish starting with a home survey from Duncan & then the team that moved us, Tom G & Mark M. Nothing was too much trouble for them & made the move so less stressful than it could have been. Will have no hesitation in recommending them. Thank you for providing a great service in... Read More
- "We would just like to say how pleased we were with WJ Edwards who handled our move and would thoroughly recommend them. Right from the outset, they were nothing but professional, from the initial survey and estimate, dealing with the office, Duncan, Julia and Jim were pleasant and willing to help and adapt to our slightly differing... Read More
- "The team: Tom, Tom, Mark and Ian have been so professional and made our move a very positive experience. Their attention to detail was second to none and even propped our fridge door open as it was being stored in the garage! I'm telling everyone how great they have been. Thank you!" -... Read More
- "Nothing too much trouble for them. No breakages. 3 bed house in Bedfordshire to Felixstowe Suffolk. Reasonable price. Many Thanks to Mark and Richard for a wonderful job. I would thoroughly recommend this company." -... Read More
- "Absolutely fantastic company. Have already recommended to a couple of friends. Nothing was too much trouble and they had the van packed in a couple of hours. Made my move stress free. Thank you so much to mark and Edwards Removals for doing a brilliant job." -... Read More
- "I was very happy with the service I was provided with and would definitely recommend. Thanks guys for making my house move so easy." - Paul... Read More
- "A huge thank you to W.J. Edwards for working with me to enable me to complete on my house. Big Mark, Ian, Richard and Tom along with Glen worked so hard to pack and clear my house and move my belongings 90 miles. They were amazing and I would recommend them without hesitation." - Ann... Read More
- "Very organised team who worked very hard. Very accommodating in changing our dates when our completion changed. A very professional and personal service." -... Read More
- "An estate agent recommended W.J Edwards and we're so glad they did. We used the packing and removal service. From the moment Jim visited to survey, I knew they would be the right company for us. Thank you so much to Jim, Duncan and your fantastic removal team. Worth every penny." -... Read More
- "Mark and Tom were wonderful, very hard workers, very sensitive when dealing with customers and very respectful of COVID-19 guidelines." -... Read More